Looking for Something? Search here:

Monday, January 29, 2007

MINT ICECREAM




Mint Ice Cream


This is so refreshing ice cream! The mint flavor adds freshness as it melts in your mouth! I was wondering what alternative flavor of ice ice cream. I usually make chocolate, strawberry or other fruity flavors but with the heat of summer in Luanda, ice cream is just a perfect merienda! I played with other flavors I got, I had a remaining mint flavoring so I tried.. I never thought it would work coz, I haven’t seen such flavor in the market. The good thing about making your own ice cream is that you can control the sweetness by reducing the amount of sugar!Just use the same recipe of the strawberry icecream I had posted and replace the flavor, but here it is anyway.

Ingredients :

2 eggs
250 ml full cream milk
100 g sugar
450 g whipping cream
2 tsp. mint essence
a handful of mint leaves
1/2 tsp. green food coloring

Procedure :

Make the custard:
Warm milk in a small pan whilst whisking the eggs and sugar in a separate bowl. Slowly pour the warm milk into the egg and sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Pour the mixture back into the pan stirring constantly, until it begins to thicken slightly but do not let it boil. Add mint leaves, mint essence and green food coloring. Pass through a sift and discard the mint leaves. Allow it to cool down to room temperature. Chill for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile beat the whipping cream until soft peak. Fold-in the custard mixture into the cream.

Pour the mixture in an icecream maker. Alternatively, if you dont have an icecream maker, freeze the mixture and stir occasionally just before it would turn into solid to avoid crystalized icecream.

No comments:

Popular Posts