Looking for Something? Search here:

Monday, January 07, 2008

Pan-fried fish with oatmeal

An easy nutritious meal indeed! Been trying to incorporate some fibers in our diet and this just popped out in my mind. I’ve tried making this before but I used batter to coat the fish with oatmeal. This time, its just plain oatmeal and very little flour.

For the mashed potatoes, I used to make it creamy and yummy by adding a knob of butter while it’s still hot and a little hot milk to make it soft and fluffy, but this time, I made it simpler, just to cut some fat. It was still great and I’m pretty satisfied with it.

Ingredients:

2 slices of Fish

4 Tbsp. Oats

Salt & Pepper

Oil to pan fry

Procedure:

Wash slices of fish and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Season the fish with salt and pepper and coat with whole grain oats. In a heated pad, add about 2 Tablespoons of oil, pan-fry for about 2-3 minutes each side over medium heat until golden brown. Do not over cook, otherwise the fish will be dry inside.

Mash Potatoes:

Peel Potatoes and slice into quarts, boil in salted water until done. Mash with a potato masher or fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve in a bed of mashed potatoes.

1 comment:

Finla said...

I love the fish too.
If i go on looking to all your post i am going to get hungrier and hungrier ;-)

Popular Posts