Looking for Something? Search here:

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Cheese Puffs


cheese puffs

I got this recipe from an appetizer mini cookbook, but as usual, I deviated from the original recipe due to unavailability of ingredients. Apart from that, I have changed its proportion as the original recipe seems too plenty for two. I added some flavor like nutmeg and pepper which were not included from the original recipe.I love every bite of these cheese puffs! It’s so cheesy, soft and elastic in the inside but crisp on the outside. Great contrast of texture. Best served while still hot.
Ingredients:
2 Cups grated tasty cheese (flamingo or Gouda preferably)or any cheese that melts when heated.
1 cup fresh bread crumbs
2 eggs1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Extra bread crumbs for coating
Procedure:
Separate egg yolk from white. Mix egg yolk with cheese, breadcrumbs, paprika, and nutmeg. Beat egg white until stiff. Slowly fold in into yolk mixture. Add black pepper. Form into small balls and coat with bread crumbs. Deep fry few at a time in30 seconds or until golden brown. Drain in kitchen paper and serve immediately.

I love this so much that I lost count of how many I had! (smiles)

4 comments:

Beng said...

hmmm, cheese puff...yummy :). by the way grace...thank you for adding my link. were you able to receive the email i sent you last nov. 8? it was about www.we-pinoys.com

greetings and muahhh too.

Grace Ediza Virlouvet said...

Hi Beng, my pleasure to have u linked in my page. Sorry, nope I havent got ur email dated 8th november, now I'm wondering what its all about. Could u please send it again, if u don't mind. Thanks

Beng said...

Grace dear, pinadala ko ulit...ngayon lang talaga. Please acknowledge me if hindi na naman ito dumating sa yo :)

Talk to you soon and have pleasant day or evening.

Beng said...

Hello Grace,

I added you to my main blog links. Hindi ko pa kasi tapos ang links area ng foodblog ko kaya doon kita muna :)

Thanks for your immediate reply pala. The launching of we-pinoys will be on the first week of December. Do u have any idea na what kind of story you'd like to contribute?

Best regards.

Popular Posts