Looking for Something? Search here:

Monday, January 29, 2007

Grilled Chicken Breast with Pepper Marmalade

Grilled chicken breast with pepper marmalade
Quite lazy for lunch and didn’t know what to do. Switched the TV channel to BBC Food and caught Sophie Grigson doing pepper marmalade for her dish with Trout fish, my tastebuds wondered if the marmalade would go with chicken, since I always have chicken breast in the fridge. Hmmm… yes the flavors are blending indeed! I’m quite lucky, I have all the ingredients which Sophie used except for red wine vinegar, which I don’t have, and I added yellow pepper to add color. I’m quite trained to settle with what I have huh, I used balsamic vinegar instead. I think everyone knows how to grill chicken, so I am just going to jot down for the marmalade, for the sake of the record. Well, thanks to Sophie Grigson!
Ingredients:
1 Red bell pepper (sliced in thin strips)
1 Yellow bell pepper (sliced in thin strips)
2 white onions (sliced thinly)
4 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 Teaspoons sugar
4 Tablespoons water
2 Pieces Star Anis
Preparation:
Cook onion with olive oil, in medium fire, until transparent. Add the peppers and star anis. Continue cooking until peppers are wilted stirring occasionally, add balsamic vinegar, sugar and water, simmer until all the liquid has evaporated.Grill chicken and serve with the marmalade. This time, I served the dish with bread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also am a blogger,
and I was wanting to know your situation; many of us have created some nice methods and we are looking to trade solutions with other folks, why
not shoot me an email if interested.

Also visit my homepage curly hair

Popular Posts