Looking for Something? Search here:

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

xmas desserts



Christmas cake

I am using the same cake stand I’ve made last year, but it looks very different from that of last Christmas. Last year’s Christmas cake is here.



This time, I put candies all over the round stem of the stand. They are very cheap candies that are nicely wrapped strawberry prints and with green stem. So, I took advantage of sticking them using a scotch tape to accent Christmas colors. Kids had fun taking them out during the party, which its made for the purpose. At the base side, I made some macaroons that anyone can pick and have a taste of this coconut dessert.





Berries with whipped cream

Got a handful of berries of each kind and played with its presentation. This time I got strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. I think they look gorgeous sitting in a base. How to make the base? Good you asked. It is just as simple as learning your ABC. It is made of pound biscuits mixed with softened butter and molded into a desired shape. If you like to add a kick to it, just add a splash of whiskey.





And look.. they look stunning in layers too!

I'm just having fun with berries :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Yummmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Wow ,I am dumbstuck ! Is it really a food pic, I am viewing ? Grace , I wopuld say these are really awesome! Hats off to you....for posting this spectacular presentation with berries....

Kai said...

I love fruit tarts, but I've never made one. I splurge on them every Christmas.

Anonymous said...

stunning grace.. you are cery creative to create that cake stand

which country you get the berries from? Imported for sure..

kapoy ko uy naa man gyud mi bisita first time diri ba so ako ang luto limpio tour guide tanan na,

Anonymous said...

wow, that's so creative, grace! happy new year to you!

Popular Posts