Looking for Something? Search here:

Sunday, August 17, 2008

MINI CUPCAKES

Mini Cupcakes

Warning! These mini cupcakes are addictive!

This is my version of Paz’s Yellow Cupcakes. She had this lovely YELLOW CUPCAKES decorated with yellow roses which looked so great that I can’t resist from doing it. I didn’t have the right size of fluted paper cups, but I have a smaller one, slightly bigger than the paper cups I usually use with COCONUT MACAROONS, I think it is the next to the smallest size. Anyway, this obstacle hasn’t prevented me from doing it. It turns out to be a bite size which is addictive. Every time I take one, I secretly say to myself “this is gonna be the last bite” but me and hubby didn’t stop until we realized there are no more left! It goes well with tea.

Here’s the original recipe that PAZ posted but I have some alteration on the procedure coz I’m not using the same material.

Yellow Cupcakes

Source: The Fannie Farmer Baking Book by Marion Cunningham
Yield: 18 mini cupcakes

6 Tablespoons (3/4 stick or about 1/3 Cup) butter, melted

2 eggs

1/4 Cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 Cup all-purpose flour

1 Cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

Confectioners’ sugar or Chocolate Butter Frosting


Preheat the oven to 350F. Line small muffin pans with fluted paper baking cups.



Combine the melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and beat well.


Put the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt in a sifter or strainer and sift them over the butter-and-egg mixture. Beat until the batter is perfectly smooth and thoroughly combined. Spoon into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup about two-thirds full.



Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean.


Remove from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then turn out onto racks to cool completely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, yum! You have me craving these cupcakes again. LOL! I love that you made them even smaller than the normal cupcake size. Your cupcakes look so enticing. Glad you were able to make them.

Best,
Paz

Grace Ediza Virlouvet said...

Thanks Paz, yours was an inspiration... They were really good..

Nez said...

OMG! I just finished baking them. And my my these are one delicious cupcakes. My friends will absolutely go crazy over them. Thanks for sharing!

Popular Posts