Saturday, January 26, 2008
Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast
This is quick, easy and simple meal. I can do it with closed eyes! Simple flavors! It’s been a while I’ve been avoiding deep fried foods, healthy options are steaming, grilling, pouching, boiling, pan-frying or stir-frying. Most of the time I go for the grill.
2 chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. cooking oil
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Remove the skin and sinew of the chicken breasts.
3. Make slits with the chicken breasts by making a diagonal pattern.
4. Season the chicken with salt and pepper
5. Sprinkle oil on the chicken
6. In a preheated pan, sear the chicken with the sliced side down for 2 – 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the chicken upside down and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. Literally, just brown the chicken with a very hot pan to seal its juices inside.
7. Transfer the chicken to an oven-proof dish and grill for 4 minutes each side.
8. While the chicken is in the oven grill, pan-grill some vegetables like carrots and onions on the same pan used with the chicken. This will absorb the flavor of the chicken at the same time it caramelizes the vegetables and bring out its natural flavors. Pan grill until the vegetables are charred, or when you can see some black chars on the veg.