Looking for Something? Search here:

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Fish Fillet

Fish Fillet

Inspired by Ainsley Harriot, I came up with this way to prepare fish. He made it in his food show “meals in minutes”. I usually fry fish with just plain flour, after seeing the show, Ainsley gave a good idea. A different twist on the conventional way of frying fish. He served it with chips, therefore he called it fish and chips. But I had mine with plain rice.

So what’s the twist? I really enjoyed doing this as I watched the chemical reaction of baking soda and lemon!

I am not quite sure of his proportion coz I’m not taking down notes, so I made a wild guess and it worked.

Here’s how:

2 fish fillet
Batter
Oil for frying

Batter:
½ cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup lemon juice
1/3 cup water
Salt and pepper

Procedure:

In a mixing bowl, place flour and baking soda; add water and mix vigorously with a wire whisk. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Dip fish fillet into the batter to coat and fry until golden brown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks delicious, very much like an Indian snack with yummy filling!

celia kusinera said...

Oh thanks Grace for sharing this! The batter when cooked looks like ones in a fish n chips shop so it must be good. :)

Popular Posts