Looking for Something? Search here:

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Grilled mussels with garlic butter

Grilled Mussels with Garlic Butter
Craving for seafoods? That’s how I felt when I saw an array of frozen mussels in different packages.  One pack of large half-shelled mussels sparked an imagination of barbequing it. I didn’t hesitate to grab one and another pack just the meat if incase I want to compare the intensity of flavors preserved.  Just like I thought, the pack with shells on still got the fresh aroma from the sea. An instant thought was garlic butter on it and grill. But that’s just good as an appetizer since they weren’t enough.  To compliment with it, I made spaghetti with mussels and basil pesto. Hubby had a good harvest of fresh basil from our tiny garden. 

Grilled mussels with garlic butter

1 pack of frozen mussels
garlic butter

Ingredients: Garlic butter and a pack of half-shelled mussels
Add a pinch of garlic and butter paste into each mussel, place it on a baking tray and grill for about 20 minutes until the sides of the mussels turn brown.

Note: I used a ready made garlic butter because I just had it in the fridge for a while.  Otherwise, you may make your own garlic butter simply by crushing 2 cloves of garlic until paste consistency with a mortar and pestle. Add to 50g of butter, season with salt to taste.

 Did you know:
 Did you know that mussels is high in iron and protein but low in fat? and it contains Omega 3?
That's what the packet says...  Hmmm, should I call my sister who is a nutritionist to verify or should I wait for her to comment? :-)





1 comment:

Gay said...

Merry Christmas! We have an abundance of fresh mussels here in General Santos City. I never thought to grill them but always in soups. Thanks for the idea.

Popular Posts