Looking for Something? Search here:

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Birthday Cake : Ben10 and Princess Doll cake


Schenker's and Samantha's Birthday


I haven’t made cakes lately until last week, I got a message from a friend Janet in Kuala Lumpur asking if I’m around to make the birthday cake for her son and daughter to be held in one occasion and she would like to have cupcakes as well. It was a huge celebration as they are celebrating with it their wedding anniversary as well as their parent’s. So there were 2 wedding anniversaries, 2 birthdays and other guests’ birthday. Her son likes Ben10 and her daughter likes Princess. Instead of making 2 cakes she planned to have combined motifs in one cake. This is how it turned out:

The base cake is Madeira Cake, which recipe I got from one of my books. I chose Madeira cake so that it has a solid base for the princess which would be towering above it. The princess cake itself is a plain madeira cake while the base is chocolate marbled madeira cake.


Madeira cake

Good for 12 inch round or 11inch square

Ingredients:

6 cups flour
4tsp. b.powder
2 1/4 Cups Margarine or butter
2 1/2 Cups sugar
10 eggs
4 T. lemon juice



Sift together the flour and baking powder.

Cream margarine/butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time.

Add flour mixture.

add lemon juice.

Beat until mixture is smooth and glossy.

Baking time, approx 2hours 15mins.




This cake is iced in fondant. I will have to make a separate post for fondant recipe that I used and how to dress up the doll. By the way, the doll is not edible. The cake part starts from the waist down.

2 comments:

janet said...

the best cake ever. thanks for taking the challenge to make the cake, grace.

Grace Ediza Virlouvet said...

It was fun and I enjoyed making it Janet... this cake woke up the cake decorator in me :-) Now I'm thinking a lot what to do next... I think for leila's bday will make fairies.. I'm still hunting for inspirations and sketch in on its way.

Popular Posts