Looking for Something? Search here:

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Lasagna Chips

lasagna chips

Lasagna pasta sheets

Oil for frying
Cheese Powder
Water
Salt

Procedure:
Boil salted water in a deep pan and add lasagna, boil for 2 minutes, or until al dente. Do not overcook. Set lasagna one by one by letting them drape over a rim of a deep pan or strainer to get rid of excess water. When cold enough to hold; cut them into strips or triangles. Deep fry and drain in kitchen paper to get rid of excess oil. Put the chips in a container with cover and sprinkle cheese powder. Shake the container to spread the flavor evenly. I had cooked lasagna 2 days back but got excess pasta sheets so I kept in the fridge. Today, I am looking to cook something like cheese puffs and use the lasagna sheets to wrap it but I found out the break easily when folded, so I sliced them and deep fry, instead of throwing them, I remember I have stocked cheese powder! It tastes just like Piatos chips!!! (if u know what I mean, its one of my favorite chips in Phil. I don’t have to worry if I don’t have chips to serve to unexpected guests… I know how to make quickie chips!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi grace have not thought of this before...lami ba?

Grace Ediza Virlouvet said...

with the cheese powder, it tastes like piatos but flavors can be varied depends on what flavors you got. I tried adding a little bit of chilli powder to the cheese powder. quite spicy.

Popular Posts