Looking for Something? Search here:

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Hot Chocolate



I stumbled upon this post from Ronell of
  • My French Kitchen
  • which I simply just couldn’t resist. While reading her post, I have to stop and mentally, I’m scanning my pantry if I have chocolate chips and the moment I remember that I have some, I suddenly had this “I-have-to-make-it-right-now” feeling. So indeed I made! Might be quite different from the
  • Original Recipe
  • but I’m very satisfied. Yummmm, it was such an indulgence! I really enjoyed it. Thanks to Ronell.

    Ingredients:
    1 cup milk
    1 Tablespoon heap of cooking chocolate chips
    1 Cinnamon stick



    Heat Milk in a pan, add chocolate chips whilst stirring constantly until totally melted, simmer for 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from stove whisk vigorously using wire whisk or frother until foamy. Serve in a cup and a cinnamon stick. Instead of stirring it with a teaspoon, use the cinnamon stick to stir the hot chocolate to infuse the flavor of cinnamon.



    Upon browsing some blogging activities, decided to have the picture of this post as my entry for Click, a monthly themed food photography event. For this month's theme it's "Liquid Comfort" for more details, click
  • HERE
  • .

    6 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Thank you..this is so gracious!
    I have been here earlier, but your photo's were none visible, so I thought of coming around a little later.(I see some are still not visible)...blogger must be experiencing a hiccup.
    Your photos are lovely Grace, and your hot chocolate looks scrumptious, especially that first pic with the cinnamon peeking seductively from the froth and great idea to stir with the cinnamon stick!That's the enice thing about a recipe...you play around with it until you have something tha really pleases you!
    I'll drop by again later to see(and read) further back!
    ronell

    Grace Ediza Virlouvet said...

    It's a pleasure, and thanks for the recipe I've coveted...thanks for dropping by as well, hope u enjoy browsing here as much as I do in yours. Cheers!

    african vanielje said...

    Grace, I missed thi9s one on Ronell's site, but obviously I was meant to discover yours. I love the pic and the recipe is right up my street. I never have chocolate chips but I guess I could just grate some chocolate from a bar which would work just as well.

    Grace Ediza Virlouvet said...

    yeah, I think so too, there are good chocolate bars, it doesnt really matter in what form. Enjoy.

    Nora B. said...

    Love the first photo of the sinking cinnamon stick.

    juleeln said...

    I luv me some hot chocolate and am always looking for a good recipe. Thank you for sharing!

    Popular Posts